Adult Degree Completion Scholarship
ADULT DEGREE COMPLETION SCHOLARSHIP
The University of Maine System (UMS) has an Adult Degree Completion Scholarship fund helping Maine residents return to school and complete their academic studies. For many, these may have begun years ago, and were not completed for a variety of reasons.
These funds are dedicated to support adult students returning to college after an absence of at least three (3) years or more and who are completing their very first baccalaureate degree. Applicants may qualify for up to $4,000 per academic year for up to eight (8) consecutive semesters. The amount is contingent on the number of credits enrolled in and the Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) as provided from the FAFSA. This scholarship does not cover the entire cost of attendance and will only help with tuition and fees. Students are encouraged to seek other funding opportunities as well.
- Must be a resident of the state of Maine and classified as a United States Citizen.
- Must be a matriculated student at a UMS institution seeking a first baccalaureate degree.
- Must be an undergraduate reentry student who has experienced a gap (three years or more) in the pursuit of post-secondary education.
- Must have a minimum of 30 credits earned from any institution toward your degree.
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by a completed FAFSA.
- Must be registered at least part time: 6‐8 credits per semester.
- New applications are due by August 1 and December 1 for priority consideration. Any applications received after these dates will be considered only if funds remain available.
- Renewal applications are due by June 1